5 January 2010

The night before

Well, this is it. Almost. Everything has been packed (or is ready to be so first thing in the morning), and my train is now only 11½ hours away. I sure hope the snow won't cause any trouble! The only two things missing is a power plug for NZ outlets, the one sold to me in Århus turned out to be wrong, and a pipe which will be used as a pointing device - everybody knows that you must be right if you are pointing with a pipe!

It has been quite strange saying goodbye to family and friends during the last two weeks. I still don't think I realize what it will be like to move around the Earth, but on the other hand the distance today seems smaller and smaller with e-mail, Facebook, Skype and all the other clever programs. Luckily, the saying goodbye has been a lot of fun and good times instead of people crying for hours - just the way I want to leave everybody, with a big smile. I trust that you will all take care of Denmark while I travel the world to find a cure for cancer (or at least earn a MSc in Medical Physics).

No comments:

Post a Comment